Laboratory Corporation of America
August 1997 – October 2000
Manager – Systems Architecture
Laboratory Corporation of America is a clinical laboratory and pioneer in genomic testing and the commercialization of new diagnostic technologies, LabCorp is one of the world’s largest clinical laboratories, with annual revenues of $3.3 billion in 2005. Headquartered in Burlington, North Carolina, LabCorp has approximately 24,000 employees and offers more than 4,400 clinical tests ranging from routine blood analyses to the most sophisticated molecular diagnostics.
- Responsible for the strategic planning, rollout, implementation, training, and support of a dynamic development environment utilizing Micro Focus Mainframe Express and related product technologies. Directly accountable for the success of this new development environment.
- Increased application developer productivity over 18% by implementation and support of development environments for Micro Focus COBOL, Computer Associates COOL:Gen, and IBM Websphere/J2EE/ Java technologies. Development environments serve as reference installations for the respective software vendors.
- Management and leadership experience in quickly building a team to support a rapidly growing user base to include 200+ users. Responsible for all aspects of management relating to this team.
- Actively coordinated product contract negotiations while creating positive vendor relations.
- Dynamically utilized team members to build a highly successful development environment from the ground up in a very short period of time.
- Responsible for all vendor relationship management and direct contract negotiations relating to the Micro Focus environment and related product technologies.
- Serve as a model installation of reference for the software vendor.